Apply to Become a Professional Member
Once you have received training from a RESNET Accredited or BPI Affiliate Training Provider, and have passed the necessary examinations, we welcome you to apply for membership to the IAER!
For our non-professional partners in the Midwest industry, we also offer an Associate Membership Level instead which also includes outstanding benefits!
- Receive training from a RESNET or BPI Accredited Training Provider ($1500+)
- Pass the RESNET Rater or BPI Certified Professional Exam ($50-$750)
- Send IAERHPP your Home Performance Professional Application
- Purchase or lease the required equipment (~$10,000 or ~$500 monthly)
- IF RESNET: Complete 3 Mentored Ratings under an IAER Approved RESNET Mentor ($1200+)
- Send in dues ($350 or $250 if BPI only) and be prepared to pay ~$500 for a field QA on 1 out of each 100 homes for which you perform a HERS Rating or ENERGY STAR Verification.
- Sign the IAER Professional Agreement
- Start doing business!
Once you choose your mentor, that rater will be a resource for you as you encounter challenges in your work. The IAER takes continued support and training very seriously, and organizes advanced trainings for its members.